Owning a home with a solar photovoltaic (PV) system is an exciting option for many homebuyers today. Buying a home with solar panels, however, requires a little bit of caution. It's important to know things like what type and quality of equipment is installed, when was the system installed, is the system currently working, what warranties come with the system and if/how they can be transferred. Whether the seller has this information available or not, we strongly recommend that you get your own solar inspection prior to buying.
To help, Solar Side Up offers solar inspections for sellers, real estate agents, and home buyers. We can certify the solar (PV) system for the seller or verify and assist with transferring the system for the homebuyer.
We charge a standard fee of $399 for Solar Inspections, which include:
- Inspection of the system.
- Identifying the Manufacturer's equipment.
- Reviewing the system's performance
- Providing a written report with instructions on transferring warranties and assuming the interconnection agreement with the utility.
- And providing any assistance to resolve the issues with the system.